3. Slumming It.
Against all odds, I had made it to LaGuardia Airport in time to catch my flight. My husband dropped me off, then sped off homeward with the kids to put the entire wretched experience behind him. Some Maker’s Mark may indeed have been necessary, once he arrived home…
Now, back to me. For those of you fortunate enough to have never flown into or out of LaGuardia, may I simply say that this particular airport is a cesspool of humanity and TSA agents. The decaying infrastructure is beyond pathetic…. and you have NEVER seen such a wretched hive of scum and villainy (unless you’ve just deplaned from your flight on SPIRIT airlines!)
For my part, unprepared as I was, I had no deodorant, no toothpaste, no breath mints, and no clean underpants with me. (Upside: I fit right in on SPIRIT airlines!) Knees jammed up tightly against the seat in front of me, I felt — and heard — ominous creaking sounds throughout the fuselage as our rattletrap aircraft took off for Detroit.
- triski73 likes this
- itsjsforme likes this
- meandrichard reblogged this from playazindaback
- alwaysalwaysalwaysthesea said: Hah! I never had any major issues with LGA (used to live in Astoria, Queens, which is like 5 min. from it, so always tried to use LGA), but I think air travel overall has become horrifying.
- lovingdamonandelena likes this
- con4cyn said: This is hella funny, Abby. I’m so glad you were able to see Richard!
- con4cyn likes this
- playazindaback posted this